Hi Sam !
- Can you introduce yourself to our CoRiders?My name is Samuel, I am passionate about travel and everything related to the ocean as well as board sports - sailing, surfing, windsurfing, kiteboarding, skateboarding ... I grew up in French Brittany and Réunion, I spent a year in Australia at the end of my studies and returned from five years in Brazil. I also have a wife and 2 children ...
- Surfing and you, it's a long story?I discovered surfing and sailing at the same time during the holidays when I was living in Reunion 15/20 years ago. I was taken to move away from the sea to follow my parents and then for my studies but I have always had a strong connection with the sea and all these activities. I spend all my free time and holidays near the sea in France or traveling ...
- Tell us Surf4Peace adventureI co-founded "Surfer pour la Paix" in 2012, it is the european branch of the Surfing 4 Peace movement, initiative born in the Middle East when a group of Israelis conveyed surfboards in Gaza.We are working to bring together young people who lack the means to leave their homes or who can not meet in their home countries, for cultural or political reasons... we have launched a youth exchange program and organize trips that bring together young people from diverse backgrounds around their shared passion for surfing.
- Now, what are your ambitions?Our medium term objective is to create a network of clubs and sports associations throughout the Mediterranean and beyond, to allow these structures to send young people meet other enthusiasts who come from different backgrounds and countries of different cultures. We have already organized three trips of this type with Israeli, Palestinian, but also Turkish, Lebanese, North African, Latino, European, etc. We want to strengthen this network and still organize more exchange visits.In the long term the aim is to promote the emergence of a more open youth, tolerant, which will elect the future political leaders of peace.
- Why crowdfunding campaign?We ask the public to fund 1/3 of the total budget for our next meeting (the rest is funded by the participants themselves and the association of partners); this meeting will take place from October 10 to 18 in Biarritz and Hossegor, during the Quick Pro France, with young Gazan surfers, Israel, Afghanistan, Algeria, Morocco and Europe. Crowdfunding campaign will help finance the costs of transportation, food and accommodation for participants who do not have the means to travel to Europe without support. We have therefore launched an appeal for donations to 5,020 € via HelloAsso platform, which pays 100% of the donations to the project.
Not yet convinced? Discover the magic Surf4Peace:
[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP5ZpNdV0Pg&feature=youtu.be[/embed]You can support today on HelloAssohttp://www.surfing4peace.eu/